The salary paid to the doula for giving her time and patience
A doula is someone who desires to become a helping hand out of her passion and affection towards small new born babies and their pregnant mothers. Becoming a doula is not an easy task at all. Firstly, she needs to give an exam and get a certificate of becoming a doula. It is even important to have the knowledge of the salary provided to the doula. The most important point to be noted is the place where she lives and the living cost of that area.
The doula salary is divided into two main categories:
- Firstly, during the time of birth- The doula salary is given at the time of birth is about $1600-$2000 at each birth. This is charged in big cities like New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles and many more. The yearly income could be near about $86,400 at an average of 4 births in a month.
- On the other hand in the places where the cost of living is less like San Diego, Austin, Atlanta and many more charge for the doulas are $900-$1400 at each birth. Yearly income could be $43,200-$67,200.
- Lastly, in smaller areas the charge fluctuates from $600 to $1200. This completely depends upon the pregnant women.
- Secondly, during the time of post partum-Big cities which include Washington DC, New York, and Los Angeles get $35-$65 per hour. If the weekly income is calculated then on an average of 40 hours per week the income rounds up to $72,800-$135,200.
- On the other hand in the lower cost of living places such as San Diego, Austin, Atlanta and many other places get about $35-$45 per hour. If calculated yearly then it comes to $72,800-$93,600.
- Lastly, in the smaller areas the charge is $25-$35 depending about the pregnant women.