Migrate database from SQL Server to MySQL
When planning database migration from SQL Server to MySQL, it is necessary to guaranty sufficient performance and reliability of the conversion process to avoid data loss or corruption and reduce the system downtime. There are some special software products -designed to simplify procedure of MS SQL to MySQL conversion. These tools transfer all database objects from source DBMS to the target including table definitions with necessary attributes (null flag, default values, etc), data, indexes and constraints, views.
Advanced SQL Server to MySQL database converter should have certain basic features such as:
- Provide high performance of database migration
- Work on Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Support all versions of MS SQL (including Azure SQL) and MySQL
- Option to merge and synchronize existing MySQL database with MS SQL data
- Command line support for automating and scheduling
- Support for Unicode
- User-friendly interface
- Complete install and uninstall support
One of such migration tools is SQL Server to MySQL converter by Intelligent Converters, software company specializing on database conversion and synchronization since 2001. This database converter provides all capabilities listed above and also it has more advantages:
- For those cases when MySQL server does not accept remote connections, the program can export the data into SQL script file. In this methodology MS SQL information is sent out into nearby document containing information definition (DDL) proclamations to make tables with all lists and requirements and fill them with the information. Later information base expert will have the option to import this record to MySQL worker utilizing the standard devices like phpMyAdmin.
- Sometimes it is required to convert partial data from a table or merge data from multiple tables into a single one. For these purposes SQL Server to MySQL converter allows to convert result of SELECT queries running against the source MS SQL database
- If there is a need to change column name or type in the resulting database, the converter provides feature called “custom column mapping”. This element permits evolving name, type, default worth and NULL-quality for any section of MS SQL table just as reject certain segments from change.
- The converter allows to specify MySQL table type: ISAM, MyISAM, HEAP, InnoDB or BDB
Talking about conversion performance, it is necessary to consider the source database size, complexity of table structures, system resources and many more. In this terms average speed of the conversion provided by SQL Server to MySQL tool is approximately 10000 of records per second on a modern hardware.