A Tool Guide For Teaching Students Online
With the pandemic situation getting out of hand yet again this year, online schools have become the only way to educate students. The second wave has prevented schools and colleges from reopening anytime soon.
So, teachers are entirely dependent on online platforms and mediums to carry on their job. Here is a guide for teachers on what tools to use for educating students online and conducting better online classes.
Video conferencing tools
The most important kind of applications and software for online classes are video conferencing tools. Without video conferences, teachers cannot carry on taking regular classes.
- These applications give a near-physical experience of being in an actual class.
- Attending these classes can be tedious for the students, but this is the only way.
- The importance of a PDF to Word converter is immense for any teacher taking online classes.
- Good applications like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, etc., are some of the most common video conferencing software used for online teaching all across the world.
As a teacher, you must get yourself well-acquainted with using these applications regularly. It might be a little difficult for you to learn at first, but make sure you can run them smoothly during classes.
Online whiteboards are a great way of interacting with the students by providing visuals. These tools let the teachers, as well as their students, draw, write, etc., on the digital whiteboard and share it with the rest of the class.
Organizing tools for documents
As a teacher, you must keep all the folders and PDFs organized to upload them for the students. Students can access their reading materials from these uploaded files. You can use a PDF editor to edit the reading material as per the requirements of the course you are teaching.
Managing time and classes together can be quite difficult if the teachers do not work in an organized manner. Scheduling tools and online calendars are life-savers when it comes to the online mode of teaching. If an educator fails to smoothly function on a tight schedule, it can land the students in trouble.
- Google calendar is a good example of a work planning tool that will help you keep your students notified about classes and schedule changes.
- It will also help you conduct meetings on time with efficient reminders.
- You can even hold online parent-teacher meetings if you schedule them and notify the parents.
- Multiple webinars and conferences can be held with the help of scheduling tools. It will help you keep up with your tight schedule and never let you be late.
Quiz and form makers
Online quizzes and questionnaires have become an essential part of online schools. Teachers need to use these tools very often to conduct quizzes and send out forms and questionnaires to their students.
These tools will help you share new assignments with the class. All you have to do is create the form and mail it to the entire class, and you will be good to go.